Job Title: Master Production Scheduler
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
A Master Production Scheduler is required to join a leading off highways organisation at their site in Desford. This is a contract position and will fall inside IR35. As a Production Scheduler, you will have responsibility for developing and managing a production scheduling process that is innovative and promotes maximisation of efficiency and optimisation of resources/assets internally while retaining enough flexibility to ensure that all customer needs are met in a timely and cost-conscious manner. You will be responsible for key supply chain performance indicators across velocity and order-to-delivery.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a production plan that supports customer demand within practical production capabilities and balances the often conflicting responsibilities of employment stability, efficient manufacturing and appropriate inventory levels to achieve optimum costs.
- Developing availability and inventory strategies that satisfy the needs of the Annual Business Plan (ABP) shipment forecast.
- Monitoring the production plan and modify as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels.
- Take ownership and provide support to multiple project teams to ensure robust capacity and constraint management is used in the development of master production plans.
- Allocating product in short supply based on margin, forecasts, large project requirements and special customer requirements.
- Developing phase in/phase out schedule plans for New Product Introduction. Providing coaching, development and motivation to Scheduling Analysts.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have:
- Strong experience in relationship management of internal and/or external customers or suppliers.
- Experience demonstrating strong attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to make proposals based on findings from the data.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving.
- IT systems experience (MRP/SAP, Microsoft Office, Glovia & IBP).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Confidence to present to senior leadership team and influence decisions.
- Experience of working within a team
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
Skills, experience & qualifications we prefer you may have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics or Industrial Engineering
- Relevant production scheduling experience
- Experience of supply chain management
- Knowledge of economic conditions and markets
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.