£22k - 28k per year
4 months ago
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Our global engineering and manufacturing client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Marketing & Communications officer at their site in Coventry. The position plays an important role in the promotion of the organisation’s profile and visibility, through the delivery of high value and influential marketing, communications and PR in the UK and internationally.
The ideal candidate will be of graduate calibre with a minimum of 12 – 18 mths hands on marketing experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment, and having a relevant degree in a Business or marketing field. As the Marketing and Communications Officer you will be a proactive self starter who has a flair for creativity and great attention to detail , an expert in social media, able to work effectively under pressure and present yourself and your work to the highest standard.
A professional and self motivated candidate who is able to work unaided to undertake projects of importance, engaging all areas of the Group and department brands on a global scale to achieve corporate objectives.
You will be a confident and articulate communicator able to represent our client in a professional manner at all opportunities to deliver press release and social media correspondence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing Public Relations & Social Media
- Building Media Contacts/Relationships
- Mange Internal Communications
- Website Content Management
- Graphic Design Capability for Presentation and Marketing Material
- Event Management
- Support the Group recruitment strategy and analysis of delivery outcomes through marketing mediums
- Liaise with both the internal and external customer
- Assist in the promotion of the Company Values and Brand
- Support Group Marketing Manager with event logistics and operations, European and global travel will be involved 2-3 times per year.
- Provide support to the senior management team and other departments to help achieve corporate objectives.
- Maintain and develop appropriate relationships with clients and other agencies to promote the interests of the Company
Skills and Attributes
- Experience in PR and Communications
- Experience in Photoshop or Graphic Design Software
- Experience of Website CMS
- A 'people-person' with a positive attitude who conducts themselves professionally and confidently
- A self-starter who likes to take the initiative and run with ideas
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills and sound political judgement
- An ability to tell compelling stories using a range of formats and media
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Attention to detail and editing skills
- Sound project management skills
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- An interest in working in the Aerospace and manufacturing industry
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Flexible in approach and ability to be quick thinking and resourceful
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have a proven marketing background within an engineering / manufacturing environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.