£24 per hour
Market Quality Engineer ( NISJP00000299 )
- To prepare detailed investigation procedures and fault-tree analysis for specific field concerns related to Electrical/Electronic/ADAS concerns. This activity will be led by MQE Engineer and carried out in collaboration with the appropriate Design and Test sections within R&D function as required.
- To investigate customer concerns on vehicles in the field. Responsible for arranging investigation test equipment, test procedures and necessary design information for effective investigation work.
- Responsible for defining root cause of specific concerns where possible and clarifying concern conditions and customer expectations.
- Responsible for timely issue of Quick Report detailing the results and conclusions of field investigations.
- Responsible for making recommendations regarding Next Steps for investigation and / or countermeasure proposals.
- Proactively investigate concerns from personal Job-List until items are closed.
- Arrange incident vehicle capture (supported by TCS), or other methods, to secure incident vehicles for concern investigation and identification of root cause.
- Regularly attend new vehicle launch Task Force meetings to support investigation of new model market concerns and identify root cause to enable urgent resolution and countermeasure during task force period.
- Support Ad-Hoc in house quality related activities in times of high workload/urgent situations (development testing, warranty data analysis etc)
- Maintain and develop personal proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools and software systems for the investigation of vehicle electrical concerns. (Including internal tools for which training will be given on the job)
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- HND or Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience in OEM design and/or test
- Proven quality, customer focused mind-set
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic tools and software (CANalyzer, CANape,CANoe)
- Electrical trouble shooting experience and data logging
- Strong data analysis skills
- Working experience of quality tools such as FTA/KT to aid in problem definition/resolution
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of creative design procedures
There is an assumption that the individual will have the following skills, experience and background:
Willingness to travel. The MQE role is intended to be frequently mobile - travelling nationally/internationally to help establish root cause of concerns on customer vehicles - flexibility at short notice (2-4 days) is required.
During movement restrictions (due to COVID) etc. this will be limited, but once these ease, the expectation will be this role is actively travelling on a regular basis.
Proficient use of Microsoft office tools for report creation.
Is role/worker in scope for IR-35 - Yes
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.