almost 2 years ago
Manufacturing Support Engineer - Southampton - Permanent
A Manufacturing Support Engineer is required with knowledge of 3D Cad Modelling within a manufacturing environment. Candidates with experience of the Wind Energy sector would be well received.
Due to the continued growth and success of this globally recognised organisation who are at the cutting edge of wind energy technology requires a Manufacturing Support Engineer with manufacturing experience for a new permanent role. As the Manufacturing Support Engineer, you will be required to:
- Support sensor array manufacturing, maintaining tooling and equipment and troubleshooting problems
- Adjusting design, liaising with purchasing, build, test and maintain composite tooling and mechanical assembly jigs & fixtures for array production
- Maintain and adjust procedure documentation
- Contribute to the ongoing development of sensor array design
- Take part in group discussion & development projects within a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Carry out mechanical and environmental testing of sensor arrays, interrogators and related components
- Ensure all development projects follow defined procedures and documentation in line with ISO-9001
The Manufacturing Support Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- HNC / HND or equivalent in Mechanical engineering or related subject
- Experience working within a manufacturing and production environment
- Competent using hand and power tools
- 3D CAD modelling, ideally SolidWorks
This is a fantastic opportunity for anybody with a passion for engineering to develop their career and skills base as the incumbent shall form part of 20 strong team and will have the opportunity to get involved in multiple projects across design, development, manufacturing and support.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of SolidWorks and operated within a manufacturing environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Support Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.