Manufacturing / Production Planner - Leicester - Aerospace & Defence - Strong Salary & Benefits
A Manufacturing / Production Planner is required with a procurement and production planning background. Candidates from an aerospace or defence background would be well received.
Due to the continued success of this company, a market leading Innovative Defence Systems Company based in the Leicester area requires an organised and driven Manufacturing / Production Planner for a new permanent role.
As the Manufacturing / Production Planner you will be required to:
- Understand and support the Programme Plan, key events and milestones.
- Coordination of design release, requirements planning and timely material availability to the business.
- Work in accordance with the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publications (MRP) and Maintenance Approved Organisational Scheme (MAOS) part 145 regulations.
- Working with the engineering team, extracting design and manufacturing data to meet the manufacturing schedule
- Generate and progress the Production detailed schedule
- Review, progress and report material availability
- Prepare production packs containing relevant documentation
- Coordinate repair of faulty equipment
- Coordinate upgrade of customer owned assets
- Generation of requisitions
The Manufacturing / Production Planner should have the following skills or experience:
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), time management and organisational skills
- A strong track record within the procurement and production planning functions, preferably within a defence / aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using and maintaining an ERP system.
- Awareness of internal controls for appropriate stock segregation and specific material handling requirements.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook).
- Attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-cultural / multinational team environment.
- Very flexible approach to duties and responsibilities.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Production Planning within a highly regulated environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing / Production Planner role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.