Job title: Manufacturing/Operations Manager
Salary Range: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Hours: 8:00 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday
8:00 - 12:30 Friday
Contract or Permanent role working for a leading Manufacturing organisation.
A Manufacturing/Operations Manager is required with knowledge of all full manufacturing processes from order, sales support, planning, manufacturing and SHEQ. Candidates with a background of metals, assembly and presses would be well received.
Due to promotion and expansion this client based in Shropshire requires a dynamic, energetic, leading Manufacturing/Operations Manager on a Contract or Permanent basis. As the Manufacturing/Operations Manager you will be required to:
- Provide leadership and vision to enable manufacturing and customer service excellence at site.
- Be responsible for overseeing orders, sales support, planning, manufacturing and SHEQ
- Responsible for coordinating the complete site
- Responsible for managing the Production Manager, SHEQ Manager, Contracts Manger. Planner and Sales Coordination Team Leader
- Create long term plan as well as budgets for all operation departments together with the CEO and execute them accordingly.
- Proactively try to optimise customer service (lead-time, OTD, response times etc), production and planning in a cost-effective way.
- Implement lean tools, not only in production but also within the office and develop system to support accordingly, for example ERP system
- Coordinate cooperation between departments at site level and across the wider business.
- Ensure first class operation services from site to meet required product volume within operating costs to the required standard.
- Produce highest level of quality goods and services to the customer.
- Facilitate control of costs ensuring optimum labour, planning and quality measures in place through Operational teams.
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and developing site operations team and supporting wider staff
The Manufacturing/Operations Manager should have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- HNC or A level education
- Formal management qualification/training
- Computer Literacy in MS Office and bespoke systems
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing management experience
- Change management experience and promoting continuous improvement
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Strong Financial Management - P&L / budget ownership
- Strong leadership / people management skills and experience
- Lean manufacturing knowledge & experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels in the organisation
- Experience of working with ERP system
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of managing a manufacturing organisation within a small to large processing environment. In return for your experience, this Shropshire based company will offer you:
- Position or Contract role
- 40 hour working week
- £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
- Profit related bonus
- Minimum of 5% contribution pension
- 33 days annual leave
- Free Parking
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience within a Manufacturing/Operations Manager role and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing/Operations Managers role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.