£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Manufacturing NPI Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000pa
This innovative tech start-up is supplying niche products and solutions to key clients within the automotive industry on a global basis. They are seeking an ambitious Manufacturing Engineer to join the business at an exciting period of exponential growth.
Operating within new and emerging technologies within automotive, they have asked us to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer to set up a brand-new plant. Forming part of the small but highly commercial and entrepreneurial team, you will implement a modern, lean manufacturing and production process that delivers exceptional innovation and quality products.
- Driving product design for manufacture, optimising manufacturability and cost.
- Development and implementation of new manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Leading pilot build activities for new products and manufacturing locations.
- Specification, design and sourcing of fixtures, tools, and equipment.
- Defining and implementing a quality system for internal production operations.
- Creating and developing process controls, documentation and operator training.
- Leading quality improvement, working with production, design and supply chain.
- Implementing shop floor systems, metrics, visual management and reporting.
- Manufacturing experience in an assembly and test environment.
- Ability to design, specify, source and validate assembly tooling and equipment.
- Ability to critically appraise product designs to improve manufacturability.
- Ability to create and control process documentation.
- Ability to expose and solve problems in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to fully manage smaller projects.
The successful candidate is likely to hold an engineering degree or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of engineering knowledge.
The business manufacturers cutting edge components that are used across all fuel categories including hybrid and electric vehicles.
The role will be a challenge for the right candidate, but one that will deliver exciting career development and reward for the selected person. If you feel you have the right background, attitude and aptitude to succeed in the above role, then please apply for review and consideration.