My client are a global medical device manufacturer based in the Bridgend area.
Due to continued growth they are seeking a Manufacturing Shift Leader responsible for assisting in the management and coordination of all aspects of a manufacturing business unit on a shift basis, including adhering to established quality, production, and regulatory standards, staffing, production output, costs and customer order fill rates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to and is in compliance with all safety procedures and practices. Immediately reports any safety concerns or violations to management. Is proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
- Learns and applies concepts of lean manufacturing as applied to assigned area. Helps complete visual management (SQDP) tools as directed. Adheres to the 6S requirements of assigned area and is responsible for regular audits. Acquires and understands hour by hour chart for the particular cell.
- Participates in process improvement activity with other members of the business unit, enforces lean practices and sustainability and ensures standards are maintained, including adherence to 6S standards, SQDP board information accuracy and value, visual management, quality KPI's and first pass yield performance.
- Consistently achieves individual production output targets and productivity objectives.
- Drives root cause and corrective action within the BU for issues affecting performance. Is able to identify problems and escalate them to the appropriate member of the business unit team or support function.
- Ability to develop effective and positive professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to organise information and resources effectively, prioritising tasks according to their urgency and importance and where necessary providing leadership in balance with, and in the occasional absence of, the production supervisor.
- Demonstrable experience with a combination of track record and continued personal development and education is essential. This will ideally have been attained in medium to large manufacturing/engineering facilities.
- Experience of working with continuous improvement tools and techniques coupled with the above is important, these to include 5S, CAPA, RCA, VoE and TPS.
- Knowledge of engineering processes including CNC operations including milling, turning and grinding is preferred; additionally some knowledge of robotics, coatings and packaging would be advantageous.Experience of audits and the strict regulatory requirements associated with medical device manufacture (e.g. process control, sterile packaging, clean room environment and general GMP procedures) are desirable.
You are currently likely to be working as a Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Shift Manager or Operations Manager. Shift pattern is 6 am to 6 pm 4 days on 4 days off and then 6 pm to 6 am rotating.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this attractive Manufacturing Manager role.