- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58785
Title: MRTD Engineer / Manufacturing Research Engineer - 37215
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Whitley
Rate: up to £25.32 ph LTD CO (which equals c£19.50 ph PAYE option)
The primary purpose of the role is to work on number of research projects in the fields of Manufacturing Engineering which includes engines batteries and drives. This role will contribute to the development of new technologies and features from `Concept Ready` to `Implementation Ready, where it is then handed over to the mainstream Engineering functions.
The MRTD function focus on key research themes; Parts/Materials, Logistics, CAPEX, People, Process/Methods, Parts/Materials, Energy/Environment. Typical research areas are electric machine, compact EDU, rotor and stator, batteries, electrification, laser welding. This role will involve collaborative research with key leading UK universities and external partners. It will also provide manufacturing engineering and technical support to design and develop manufacturing production processes to enable successful launch of new products, ensuring feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements, Design for Assembly (DFA) and compliance with the Bill of Process (BOP).
This includes the creation of process, tools, jigs & fixtures, quality, data analysis and reporting of major issues, deployment of failure mode avoidance tools, support of cross-functional teams in the resolution of those issues on projects and the tracking of resolution through to completion.
- Relevant previous experience of Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Delivery of relevant research technologies and associated projects to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to Project Scope.
- Develop implementation/activity plans for all research technologies to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to EProject Scope.
- Work with cross function and operational team Knowledge of EDUs including Rotor and Stator manufacturing processes
- Flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours
- Mechanical Engineering principles
- Ability to manage 3D models tools (CAD)
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable
- Achieve results and meets commitments.
- Building relationships.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, problem solver.
- Self-motivated team player with good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Good sense of personal organisation and time management.
- Data driven.
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
- Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing methodology, processes and applications
- Geometric dimensional & tolerancing knowledge (GD&T) with ability to perform tolerance stack up
HNC/HND/Degree in relevant Engineering discipline. Minimum NVQ L3
Ideally educated to Degree level
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.