Manufacturing Quality Engineer
£35,000pa - £40,000pa
A professional Manufacturing Quality Engineer is required with considerable experience within plant based quality, ideally with Body-in-white or Pressings experience, who is comfortable operating within a TS16949 environment. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received to support Project Engineers with manufacturing quality expertise on new projects from the RFQ stage, through to the final buy-off and customer acceptance.
Due to organisational growth this company, a leading supplier of metal formed products for Automotive, Aerospace, Rail and Defence sectors based in Worcester, requires a customer focused Quality Engineer with new product introduction experience for a new permanent position.
As Manufacturing Quality Engineer, you will be required to:
- Manage the Quality Assurance engineering aspects of delivering new products into the business, as part the NPI Team.
- Involvement in all advanced quality activities in line with customer requirements, TS16949 & AS9100, including liaison with customers, fixture manufacturers and Assembly Equipment suppliers.
- Produce all project quality related documentation including; Work Instructions, PFMEAs, Control Plans, APQP, PPAP in line with all customer specifics.
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge and experience of creating APQP, SPC, FMEA, PPAP and Control Plans
- Considerable Plant or Manufacturing Quality Experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Body-in-White (BIW) Engineering or pressing experience
- Experience within a TS16949 environment
- Relevant degree and/or time served qualification desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of plant Quality Engineering to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Worcester-based engineering company will offer you:
- Basic Salary £35,000pa - £40,000pa
- Pension + Childcare Vouchers + Life Assurance + Share Scheme + 25 Days Holiday
- Career Development & Training Opportunities.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality and Manufacturing Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Quality Engineer role, please contact Katharine Bignell on 01384 446188.