Job title: Manufacturing Project Manager
Salary Range: £23.00 - £25.00 per hour
Hours: Days - 37.5 per week
4 month contract leading to a permanent position working for a leading Marine manufacturing client
An Manufacturing Project Manager is required with knowledge of manufacturing processes from design, planning, engineering, production and quality. Candidates with project management experience within the automotive, aerospace, aviation or marine sector would be well received.
Due to expansion this manufacturing client based in Farnborough requires an experienced, dynamic, leading Project Manager to co-ordinate projects or multiple interlinked projects. The scope of this role covers the entire life cycle of the product from supporting design, planning, engineering, production and quality into service management and end of life. Working a core 37.5-hour week, this role will require local travel but travelling to Europe once a month. As the Manufacturing Project Manager, you will be required to:
- Co-ordinate manufacturing projects or multiple interlinked projects
- Co-ordinate production or prototype projects covering the entire life cycle of the product from supporting design, planning, engineering, production, quality into service management and end of life
- Communicating on multiple levels, from CEO, designers, production and sales.
- Manage the teams and project activities to ensure they comply with quality systems and standards
- Ensure that the NPI processes are followed, keeping deliverables on track and stakeholders updated
- Ensure that appropriate project management tools are adopted and are used to communicate project plans and progress effectively across the whole organisation and to the customer
The Manufacturing Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering discipline or a business management subject
- Ideally from an automotive, aerospace, aviation or marine background
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project management techniques
- Experience of successfully managing cross functional projects within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to summarise complex issues effectively to people at all levels in the organisation
- Determination to hit deadlines and overcome barriers.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to and organise changing priorities
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of project management within manufacturing or engineering. In return for your experience, this Farnborough based company will offer you:
- 4 month contract leading to a permanent position
- £23.00 - £25.00 per hour
- Hours: 37.5 core hours
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of project management and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the manufacturing project manager position, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.