A Manufacturing Manager is required to lead the production environment of this family owned globally successful business which specialises in the manufacture of materials handling and component movement technology, this is an excellent opportunity to progress. The business includes CNC machining, medium sized pressings, manual and semi-automated assembly, and a small fabrication/build facility which requires a strong all-rounder with an understanding of manufacturing process and small/medium batch production. The Manufacturing Manager role will report directly in to the Managing Director and has potential to develop into a Director level role in the future.
It is essential the successful person has a strong man-management background and be able to lead by example, they will take responsibility for leadership of all manufacturing operations, ensuring on-time and on-budget supply of quality parts and systems and services to customers. You will be hands-on, driving performance and ensuring you spend time with your team to achieve all production requirements and also ensure the business is fit for further growth by developing and mentoring your direct reports, including taking ownership of succession planning and recruitment.
You will have demonstrable experience within manufacturing and operations management with the capability to make the most of a traditional manufacturing environment and also develop plans to advance the operation and its capabilities with a forward thinking Managing Director.
Manufacturing Production Manager Requirements
- Substantial experience in manufacturing and production operations - machine shop and pressings preferred
- Degree qualified in mechanical / manufacturing / engineering (desirable not essential)
- Evidence of leadership with proven success in leading, growing and developing team members of all levels
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills - internally and for any external client facing requirements
- Ambition and commitment
About The Benefits:
Annual salary of £55,000 plus bonus and benefits.