£70k - 75k per year + bonus, car & benefits
12 months ago
Salary up to £75,000 (DOE) + Bonus, Car & Benefits Package
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
An experienced Manufacturing Manager is required for a global engineering and manufacturing business. This business is a major player in the supply of high-quality parts to the automotive supply chain working with both tier 1s and OEMs. Having gone through a major transformation project across all levels they now need to recruit a people focused Manufacturing Manager. The role will continue to drive the excellence through people agenda and build a culture based on engagement, high performance and continuous improvement.
To succeed in this role you must have a strong track record of achievement gained within the automotive supply chain. As Manufacturing Manager, you will have excellent communication skills, be commercially aware and have the leadership skills to further develop a production system that will deliver against exacting SQCDME targets.
To be considered for this Manufacturing Manager position you must have:
- A real passion for employee wellbeing and a sound understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements needed in modern automated production plant.
- Extensive knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and techniques and their application in an advanced JIT manufacturing plant supplying tier 1 and OEM organisations.
- Experience of Implementing simple and relevant Key Performance Indicators, visual management tools and daily production meetings that reinforce safety, quality and delivery.
- A thorough understanding of lean six sigma tools and techniques including, 5S, SMED, TPM and problem-solving techniques, DMAIC, 8D, 5why, root cause analysis, and A3 thinking.
- Qualified to degree level or above in a relevant engineering or manufacturing discipline ideally supported by a post graduate management qualification.
- Significant people management and leadership experience, setting high standards, leading by example with a strong belief in training, coaching and mentoring.
- A dynamic and driven personality, confident and comfortable out on the shop floor and constantly working to improve value adding activities and remove waste.
This will be a high-profile role and you will report directly to the Managing Director joining a business going through a period of transition and change. If you enjoy the day to day challenge of automotive product supply this will provide a stimulating environment and a real opportunity to create a world class facility. Based on success there are real prospects for career progression, both locally and within the group globally.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.