£45,000 to £55,000 doe + benefits
For over 50 years, our award-winning client has been one of Britain's best loved brands and today dominate over 70% of their specialist market. Producing between 1 and 3 million units per week, they are proud to manufacture over 75% of their range in the UK which is then distributed across the globe.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Manager to lead the UK Manufacturing team. Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for the management of all operations within the plastic processing and operation departments.
As Manufacturing Manager, you will develop and foster a sustainable continuous improvement culture, seeking out cost reductions and efficiency improvements whilst operating within budget in line with performance and production planning requirements. You will be instrumental in supporting company growth by increasing productivity, available capacities and labour utilisation.
About the role
- Ensure all Plastic Processing and Assembly equipment/tooling is capable and operates at optimised performance levels required to meet the production plan
- Day-to-day management of the department, achieving the daily/weekly production plan
- Manage the introduction of new tooling, ancillary equipment, and processes into both the Plastic Processing and Assembly areas
- Ensure a robust process is in place to support 24-hour/7-day operations where required
- Ensure appropriate training/development is provided to all permanent and temporary employees to reach the required competency levels across both the Plastic Processing and Assembly areas
- Plastic Processing or Assembly Equipment experience is essential
- Advocate of Lean and Continuous Improvement manufacturing
- Excellent People Management skills
- Ability to lead from the front, motivating and empowering your direct reports
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- 5+ year's experience in a Manufacturing Management environment
- Experience within a Plastic Processing and Assembly environments
- Experience within a Seasonal business
- ONC/HNC in Production Engineering or Engineering Management
- IOSH Qualified
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have strong knowledge of Lean FMCG Manufacturing and you are an experienced Manufacturing Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Operations Director role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17