My client are a well established designer and manufacturer of material handling equipment. They have a unique product which is exported to over 55 countries world wide. They are based in a new production facility around a mile north of Birmingham city centre.
Due to continued growth they are seeking a dynamic Manufacturing Manager to lead a team of up to 70 personnel directly and indirectly. This role will report directly into the Managing Director.
You are likely to be currently working as a Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager, Head of Operations or Senior Production Manager. This role has the potential for promotion to become a company Director.
- To set, evaluate and implement KPI's then ensure the production team meets its targets around Safety, Performance, Efficiency's and Waste reductions.
- Strong leadership skills in order to motivate and up skill the workforce. Take an active role in succession planning and the recruitment of new personnel.
- To lead and facilitate individuals and teams to deliver optimal levels of performance on cost, resource and service requirements.
- Lead continuous improvement to make changes in plant/process/products to improve on all KPI's.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operations of Factory through effective employee engagement and industrial relations management.
- Drive a culture change and implement Lean Manufacturing methodologies. Possessing the complete CI toolkit, you will be knowledgeable of Japanese methodologies, such as 6S and Kaizen.
- Currently you should be working as a Manufacturing Manager or Operations Manager working in a fast moving manufacturing environment with experience of managing 50 or more staff
- Degree qualification would be strong advantage
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage staff and lead by example
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Manufacturing Manager role with a well respected and innovative company.