£60k per year
9 months ago
Manufacturing Execution Systems Engineer
A well-known manufacturer of exterior automotive components is seekin a new MES engineer.
- This position will design, plan, select, implement and support MES solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of Magna Exteriors Group Office employees as described in the employee handbook.
- Follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Comfortable being on the floor, working closely with the manufacturing teams. Take a "hands on" approach to all areas of molding, painting, assembly and sequencing.
- Participate in operations meetings at facilities where located and working on projects.
- Maintain and update all MES systems
- Work in conjunction with production, process, and automation, developing the most robust handshaking systems.
- Develop the specifications on future projects that will have an MES system.
- Determine how Engineering Changes (EC) in the MES will be managed and work with APQP on specific part number changeovers and proper execution where necessary. This includes ensuring new product labeling changes and Initial product tagging systems.
- Develop all custom reports, displays, and labeling updates as required.
- Monitor assembly lines running an MES and be able to make on the fly decisions on how to manage live broadcasts running through those lines to minimize scrap and mismatch sequences through stations.
- Prepare KPI information for monthly internal review.
- Engage with senior leadership on projects, continuous improvements initiatives and daily issues.
- Follow time lines and keep Program launch check lists up to date for their required items.
- Participate in open issues meetings and be able to speak to updates and timing.
- Must be self-motivated have a flexible schedule and plan to travel, possibly for extended periods of time.
- C ontinuously improve processes utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Assist in investigating customer and sequencing quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
- R eview new technologies, benchmarking them against other Magna divisions, as well as, other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- P erform other duties as required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Exposure to synchronous manufacturing, Manufacturing Execution systems, and some Knowledge of PLC/HMI systems.
- Must understand SQL data bases and be fluent in programming and writing custom queries, reports, custom labeling, developing web based reports, and displays.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD,Visview)
- Specific experience with a third part MES application - i.e. Apriso , InSequence, Nysus, Solidat or other.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimal supervision and participate as a team player.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day, the ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis, and the ability to perform work that is below the knees and above the shoulders on an occasional basis. Ability to climb stairs is necessary. Good vision at a close distance is required.
If you are interested in this opportunity please applu now or send yur CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01384 446145 for a discreet conversation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.