£25 - 42 per hour
about 1 month ago
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Up to £42.00 per hour LTD/Umbrella - (Inside IR35)
A Manufacturing Engineering Manager role has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead & develop the Manufacturing Engineering Capital Projects & New Product Introduction (NPI) team to deliver projects and assignments that will make significant contributions to the business.
This is a leadership level role within the Technical Services organisation. The successful candidate will have experience of leading a team of manufacturing engineers, will be a recognised expert in manufacturing assembly, test & finishing processes and will have significant experience of managing new products into existing manufacturing process streams, new process justification and implementation of process & equipment improvements from design concept through to implementation.
Other responsibilities include supporting the current manufacturing engineering team and support functions in the continuous improvement of current manufacturing processes, automation, equipment, tooling, work standards, facility layout and area allocations to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing of quality products; training & development of manufacturing engineering team members to industry recognised standards, managing manufacturing processes, tooling & equipment to economically produce finished product.
The holder of this position will also ensure safe working practices are employed during all manufacturing engineering activities, manage regulatory compliance, creating & maintaining manufacturing engineering procedures & ensuring key competences are met, representing Technical Services in key forums (quality reviews, production meetings, project teams, task force activities) with other stakeholders.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- A self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- An Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant proven experience.
- Applicants MUST have extensive experience of assembly manufacturing processes, ideally engine assembly & including in-process validation, gained whilst working for an industrial or manufacturing organisation.
- Experience of lean manufacturing methodology would also be preferred.
- Excellent Analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical date and make recommendations.
- A practical understanding of failure analysis, problem solving, and product and process definition.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels within the business, as well as with customers & suppliers.
- Decision making ability.
Please get in touch with James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.