£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
£Competitive Plus Benefits
Manufacturing, Prototype, Build, Process, Machining, Assembly, Development, DFM, PFMEA, Launch, NPI
Are you a Senior Manufacturing Engineer looking to join an innovation company who are seeking to take new technology and components from conceptual design into production. Based at their Leamington technical centre, the role will be to deliver the design, validation, specification, sourcing, installation and commissioning of manufacturing systems for rotating, machined and assembled components/systems.
Working alongside engineering, quality and production functions the Manufacturing Engineer will support design for manufacture, create process documentation and support prototype and pilot builds.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Lead DFM activities, including PFMEA and control plan generation.
- Work alongside supply chain to build make-vs-buy strategy.
- Define and document processes and controls to meet IATF16949 requirements.
- Plan and implement a flexible production facility on the Leamington site to deliver prototype, pilot build and initial customer volume.
- Identify, test and validate manufacturing process for key components and sub-systems in support of make vs buy decision process.
- Train and develop a team of production technicians in product build, TPM, 5S, SMED and other lean methodologies.
- Act as a consultant for contract manufacturers and partners to support outsourced volume production.
- Manufacturing experience in an assembly and test environment.
- Experience in designing, specifying, sourcing and validating assembly tooling and equipment.
- Ability to critically appraise product designs to improve manufacturability.
- Ability to create and control process documentation.
- Ability to expose and solve problems in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to fully manage projects and coordinate cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate is likely to hold an engineering degree or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of engineering knowledge.
- Automotive or aerospace experience would be an advantage.
- Experience with electro-mechanical product assembly and test.
- Experience of a variety of manufacturing processes – Stamping, bonding, plating, grinding, casting, machining.
- A sound understanding of lean principles in manufacturing.
- Good PC skills with grounding in 3D CAD and shop floor systems.
- Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
- Be comfortable working without well-established systems and processes.
- Be tenacious and curious in finding problems and creative in delivering solutions.
- Able to communicate and engage from shop floor to board level.
- Willing to travel, including overseas, for short periods.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in taking prototype parts into production, devising processes, equipment and systems and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Manufacturing Engineers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.