Manufacturing Engineer - Machining - Coventry - £35K
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer for the Machining area within an established and expanding engineering company, who are world renowned in the Rail and Construction industries for the design development and manufacture of energy absorption products.
This Manufacturing Engineer will support all production requirements and support business growth through continuous improvement of the manufacturing methods. They will be developing complex component assembly methods, following internal processes, procedures and assembly drawings.
- Identify and implement solutions to improve manufacturing processes and reduce costs
- Create new/ modifications of existing NC programs for Turning and Milling CNC machines
- Ensure all manufacturing process routings/ timings optimised, loaded and controlled on the MRP system
- Create and control standard work instructions
- Support engineering change requests to ensure activities are completed
- Lead/ perform design, installation, qualification and validation of production tooling, test equipment and jigs & fixtures
- Resolve manufacturing issues through robust and effective root cause analysis
- Ensure completion of NC programs to support manufacturing cells
- Specification, procurement, installation and qualification of production equipment, jigs, fixtures and general tooling
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- HNC level equivalent in Mechanical Engineering minimum requirement
- Proven track record within Manufacturing Engineering role
- Experience of equipment and tooling specification, development, procurement and validation
- Ability to create NC programs for milled/ turned components both with and without CAM software (such as Edgecam)
- Experience of using 2D and 3D CAD software (ideally SolidWorks)
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings
- Ability to create and control work instructions, stage drawings and setting sheets
- Experience of honing, grinding and other finishing processes
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and contact details to Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee or for more details call +44(0)1384446188.