£40k - 45k per year
8 months ago
Manufacturing Engineer (CNC)
We are recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer for a company who specialise in the machining of volume complex components such as cylinder blocks and heads and through continued growth are seeking to expand their engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineer will ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained through product conformance to agreed engineering standards and processes. The responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer is to engineer and administer the process and equipment required for manufacturing activities. The Manufacturing Engineer will work within a cross-functional team responsible for the total life cycle of manufacturing projects. Support New Product Introduction and driving continuous improvement activities with the production cells are also part of the role.
Qualifications & Experience:
• An HND or Degree in Mechanical, Production or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent is essential Experience
• Proven experience gained within low to medium volume machining processes, preferably within an automotive environment.
• Previous experience of project co-ordination including budget control and man management skills.
• Previous experience of constructing CNC programmes from 2D drawings and 3D models and ability to prove out on CNC machines.
• Proven experience of CNC cutting tools.
• Proven experience of CNC machine manual programming. Desirable
• Previous experience of CNC programming using CAD CAM package.
• Six Sigma training to at least Green Belt. Required Skills
• IT literacy, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Interpretation of geometric tolerancing and 2D drawings.
• Good communication skills.
• Problem solving using recognised tools and techniques.
• Understanding and experience of APQP, FMEA’s, PPAP, SPC.
• Autocad/Powermill experience
Interest for this role will be undoubtedly high so please apply ASAP to this advert or contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment Ltd for more information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.