- Sector: Composites
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Matt Johnson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384446116
- Expiry Date: 03 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60036
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer - CNC Machining
Salary Range: Very Competitive
Hours: 07:30 - 16:00 Monday to Thursday
07:30 - 12 Midday Friday
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Permanent contract working for a leading manufacturing organisation within the Automotive, Motorsport, Marine and MOD sector .
A Manufacturing Engineer is required with experience of taking new and existing concepts into production from CAD/CAM through to CNC Machining.
Candidates with NPI, Continuous improvement/Kaizen, CNC Tool cutting, Product costing, Project planning, CNC programming will be well received.
Due to new client investments this facility in Bridgnorth are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work along side quality and design engineering to introduce NPI. As a Manufacturing Engineer within machining you will be required to:
- Lead the introduction of new products and processes
- manufacturing process planning
- CNC offline Program creation
- Program storage and management
- Training and instruction of others in offline programming
- CNC cutting tool selection and procurement.
- Fixture design and procurement when appropriate
- Customer liaison on design for manufacture and general technical issues
- Data control, route cards, drawing control & control plans via NPI system
- Introduce and progress New Products through the shop
- Liaise with suppliers for sub-contract processing
- Support costing of new work
- Setting and Operation of CNC machines for the prove out process of new products
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- An apprenticeship or degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical engineering with relevant manufacturing experience.
- Experience and knowledge CAD / CAM
- In-depth knowledge of on line ISO programming
- An in-depth knowledge of technical drawings, Geometric tolerances and practices
- A good understanding of CMM inspection methods.
- Self motivated and disciplined
- A confident communicator
- Able to motivate others
- Quality orientated
- Team player
- Solution provider and good researcher
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with CNC Manufacturing engineering background. In return for your experience, this Bridgnorth based manufacturer will offer you:
- Permanent position
- Very Competitive Salary
- Hours: 07:30 - 16:00 Monday to Thursday
- 07:30 - 12 Midday Friday
- Good solid benefits package
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in manufacturing engineering within a CNC Machining business. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.