A Manufacturing Engineer is required with knowledge of CNC Machining within a high volume manufacturing environment. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company, a description based in Bridgnorth requires a dynamic Manufacturing Engineer with machining experience for a new permanent role .
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Manufacturing process planning
- CNC offline program creation
- Training and instruction of others in offline programming
- CNC cutting tool selection and procurement.
- Fixture design and procurement when appropriate
- Customer liaison on design for manufacture and general technical issues
- Data control, route cards, drawing control, program storage and management
- Introduce and progress New Products through the shop
- Liaise with suppliers for sub-contract processing
- Support costing of new work
- Setting and operation of CNC machines for the prove out process of new products
- Technically guide the datum balancing machining section
- Responsibility for sign off of new programs and hand over to B56 & B52 production teams
- Responsibility for New Product Introduction in both B56 & B52 machining areas.
- Introduction of Open Minds Hypermill programming to B56.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position as requested.
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of CAM
- Knowledge of on line ISO programming
- An in-depth knowledge of technical drawings, geometric tolerances and practices
- A good understanding of inspection methods.
- Self motivated and disciplined
- A confident communicator
- Able to motivate others
- Quality orientated
- Team player
- Solution provider and good researcher
- Experience of managing a small team would be desirable
- Understanding of Open Minds Hypermill programming system
- Experience of automotive high tolerance component machining in a production environment
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of manufacturing engineer to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Bridgnorth-based automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Career Development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of CNC Machining and CAD/CAM and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446188.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.