Coventry, West Midlands
about 2 years ago
Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly - Coventry
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer for the Assembly area within an established and expanding engineering company, who are world renowned in the Rail and Construction industries for the design development and manufacture of energy absorption products.
This Manufacturing Engineer will support all production requirements and support business growth through continuous improvement of the manufacturing methods. They will be developing complex component assembly methods, following internal processes, procedures and assembly drawings.
- Design assembly fixtures, tooling, test fixtures, creating work instructions, improve product flow and create cell layouts for new and existing assembly areas.
- Provide ongoing support for all assembly performed within the all the Group facilities (Coventry, China, Germany & India).
- Ensure that constructive working relationships are built and maintained within the engineering team and all other internal departments and other Group facilities.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Recognised Technical Apprenticeship or HNC level equivalent in mechanical engineering minimum requirement (Degree Preferred)
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Use of SolidWorks is preferred (other CAD software will be considered) and able to read component, stage & assembly drawings including GD&T.
- Has introduced automated build processes to low/medium volume high mix production build lines.
- Introduced the assembly of small and large components as well as automated assembly processes and tooling.
- Set up end of line testing and single piece flow lines.
- Ability to work with the production team to re-design cell layouts to optimise output and increase efficiencies and identify new technology to support the growth of the business.
- Support & Develop assembly operators.
- Experience in NPI and process improvements.
- Proven track record implementing lean improvements within an assembly environment. (Kaizen, Flow, 6's, Process Mapping, RCCR, SMED, Standard Operation Sheets, TPM & Visual Management)
- Ability to create BOM's, Routings, work instructions, stage drawings and methods of manufacture.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call +44(0)1384446192.