Competitive Plus Benefits
5 months ago
Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Manufacturing, Assembly, Engine, SCARA, Copoco, PPAP, FMEA, IATF16949
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) to help identify and improve assembly operations and processes within a highly complex production environment.
As a Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly), you will need to be able to demonstrate experience in low to medium volume assembly operations to support NPI and current production activities to meet corporate objectives and targets within a high precision assembly operation. As a Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly), you will be responsible for:
- Develop Specification Documents for capital equipment for engine/subcomponent assembly equipment
- Project Management of capital expenditure projects including supporting writing and maintaining project timing plans
- Working with both suppliers and customers to provide solutions to engineering requirements
- Support new product introduction involved with complex assembled parts (predominately engine and powertrain)
- Deliver strategic projects within assembly to meet customer requirements
- Process improvement and waste elimination within assembly operations
- Take the lead in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and the sections that make this up including Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s, Control Plans, ISIR Requirements
- Support production for issue resolution, training, and process optimisation
- Work in an IATF16949 environment and in line with the company’s quality standards
As a Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly), you will have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field however other qualifications or experience may be considered
- 5 years’ experience in an engine assembly environment (other relevant experience may be considered)
- Experience of Atlas Copco tooling
- Experience of SCARA robot programming
- Experience of Ansomatic Assembly Systems would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience of Solidworks or another 3D CAD package is preferred but not essential
- Self-starter, able to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas.
- Keen attention to detail.
Applications will be welcomed from Manufacturing Engineer with assembly experience who can support and drive forward NPI and improvement within current manufacturing. Interest in the Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) is expected to be high so if you have skills and experience required to deliver products from concept through all development phases and into production and are interested, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 to discuss further or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.