Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly Process
6 Month Contract
Excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for a successful drive train solutions provider based near Grantham.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will support the process and equipment required for assembly activities. To work within a cross-functional team responsible for the total life cycle of assembly projects.
What you will do:
- Develop new assembly processes using the most appropriate technologies and procedures.
- Design, specify, acquire and sign off tooling, equipment and machinery, to ensure that robust capable processes are established.
- Resolution of day-to-day assembly process issues.
- Assess product cell Overall Equipment Effectiveness, diagnose concerns and develop solutions to address them and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain process documentation i.e. process sheets, FMEA, PFD, etc.
- Interface with customers & suppliers as required.
- Support capital investment analysis and long-term project activities and provide input to strategic decisions.
- Develop specification documents for new equipment, tools or services.
- Review quotations and selection of suppliers in conjunction with Purchasing personnel.
- Keep a clean and manageable working area exploiting the principles of 5S.
- To work in an IATF16949 environment, upholding the ethics of the company’s quality standards and adhere to company policies, procedures and working practices at all times.
- To perform other activity arising from a reasonable management request.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Manufacturing, Mechanical or related Engineering field or relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience in the automotive industry or related field
- Innovative and team oriented, strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers and customers
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
In return our client can offer you a 6-month contract at a competitive contract rate with the opportunity to be part of a growing and successful organisation.
Shift working may be required including days, late shift and night shift - along with the potential to travel both in UK and abroad as required.
Suitably qualified and experienced Manufacturing Engineers should apply today to Kate Stevens@jonlee.co.uk or call 01384 446130 to discuss further.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.