- lead key projects and play a lead role in the development and implementation of new and existing manufacturing processes in Combustion Engine Assembly, Test and Finish
- support process alignment, product introduction & asset utilisation projects throughout global engine facilities
- successfully introduce and implement new/existing products into full production
- produce global manufacturing engineering standards
- ensure latest manufacturing technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations ensuring delivered within time and budgetary targets
- work with external suppliers to design equipment, buy off new equipment, and approve specifications for modification of equipment
- be directly involved in the resolution of quality defects, utilising root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools
- apply techniques for determining work balance within workstations and adjoining processes
- participate fully in Quality Management Systems and manufacturing APQP activities e.g. developing Process Flows, PFMEAs, Control Plans, Standard Work Documentation etc.
Skills, Qualifications and experiences:
- Previous Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Project management experience in a manufacturing discipline
- Experience of introducing new products
- Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, utilisation of problem solving and root cause analysis tools
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build collaborative relationships
- Some travel required (5% - 15% of working time)
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical Engineering discipline (ideal)
- Knowledge of Combustion Engine Assembly, Test or Finish processes (ideal)
- Experience of automated equipment installation and/or programming and controls
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems such as ERP, PLM or manufacturing execution systems
- Experience of 3D modelling or 2D CAD experience (deal)
This is a permanent position based in Peterborough and offering an annual salary between £38,000 - £48,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits.
Interested in the above opportunity?
Contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens of Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible, our client is actively interviewing!