- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 03 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60184
Manufacturing Engineer - NPI
Contract - Inside IR35
24 month initial contract
A Manufacturing Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
To provide technical expertise and guidance in the development of major manufacturing projects, working with internal/external suppliers to support/improve manufacturing productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Working on a large NPI program
- Costings already done but looking to finalise quotations and engage suppliers on product designs and start developing production intent fixturing/ tooling.
- Required to manage a range of projects concurrently driven by complexity from charter to installation and final verification.
- These include but not limited to; Full robot enclosures. Production fixtures. Cranes, new products, new technology development. Using current technologies or new technologies.
- You will be required to lead FMEA development, create; lift plans, standard work, risk assessments must be competent with Autocad / Creo.
- You will define technical specifications for new equipment that compliment the companies machine tool specification.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines / proven experience is required
- Understanding of welding processes is critical.
- Solid understanding of fixture and tool development (Lean tools, 6 Sigma mindset)
- Understanding of machining is highly desirable.
- Demonstration of working with large machinery.
- Route cause analysis skills
- Project management skills
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.