A Manufacturing Engineer is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful candidate will have experience in paint, finish & manufacturing processes and will have experience of managing new products into existing manufacturing process streams. Key Responsibilities Include:
- supporting the manufacturing operation and Product Groups by developing & introducing improvements to current manufacturing processes
- justification for and implementation of new manufacturing processes, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, and technical troubleshooting for engine finish preparation and paint systems
- provision of work instructions and process documentation to the manufacturing operations team
- facility layout and area allocations, and related regulatory compliance
- managing manufacturing processes, tooling, gauging and equipment to economically produce finished engine products
- provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation, as well as process adherence and using best practice
- ensuring optimum use of equipment and space in support of changing production requirements.
- coordinating release dates and availability of machines, equipment and material schedules to satisfy demand
- representing their function in key forums such as Design Reviews
- providing project management support for major systems and equipment installations
- managing new product introduction programs including coordination of product design,
- component processing, and financial management to assure customer expectations are met whilst achieving functional and cost targets
To apply for this position you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant proven technical experience is essential
- Applicants MUST have experience of painting/coating & manufacturing processes gained whilst working for an Engine Manufacturer or similar company
- Excellent analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical data and make recommendations.
- Previous experience using 3D modelling tools (Vis Mockup)
- Previous experience using project & programme management systems
- A self-starter with strong technical skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively
- MS Excel & MS Project skills are essential
This will be a 6 to 12-month contract role based in Stafford, rates are negotiable depending upon experience.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment