Manufacturing Engineer - West Midlands - Attractive - Permanent- Aerospace
A Manufacturing Engineer is required to join a leading Aerospace and Defence manufacturing company on Permanent basis that specialises in products primarily for the Aerospace industry. The Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineer will responsible for the development and improvement of the manufacturing processes for complex components and assemblies, supporting current production as well as the introduction of new products into the manufacturing and supply chain environment.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Promote DFM (design for manufacture) disciplines and agree manufacturing methods
- Create and maintain assembly procedures, standard work instructions and PFMEA
- Support the Manufacturing NPI Planner in supplying hardware in line with the project
- Work to reduce manufacturing costs by supporting make/buy initiatives
- Work with key suppliers and sub-contractors to optimise methods of manufacture
- Work with the manufacturing cells and subcontractors to define methods of manufacture
- Agree tooling and fixturing requirements and raise and justify capital expenditure requests
- Support Finance in developing product costings for new products
- Ensure that manufacturing data is accurately uploaded onto the Company business system
- Provide manufacturing technical support to both Engineering, Operations and Quality
Requirements, Experience and Skills of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Degree/HND in engineering or similar
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Understanding of all aspects of production engineering
- Knowledge of product fixturing & tooling and process engineering.
- Must be IT literate with an understanding of a manufacturing based business systems
- Knowledge of SAP and software packages including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to liaise effectively with other departments and our customers is essential
- Knowledge of business improvement techniques including six-sigma, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, line balancing, creation of standard operations, Takt time, flow manufacturing and Poka-yoke would be an advantage.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this Manufacturing Engineer role then please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly. Alternatively, please send suitable MS Word Format CV's directly to this Email for review. or call my direct line on 01384 446102.