Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 p/a
We are currently working with our client based in the Bolton area who is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to work within their team to evaluate their manufacturing process and develop their manufacturing processes.
The role will be looking at improvements of manufacturing efficiency and developing a CI culture with the responsibility of liaising with the companies' suppliers and customers.
- Evaluation of manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improvement of manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing inspection/testing methods; testing of finished-product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Develop a team ethos within the whole business through leading cross functional team during problem solving activity workshops.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture throughout the business encompassing Kanban introduction; value stream mapping, process auditing, SOP development/management.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers.
Manufacturing Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Dealing with complexity.
- Information transfer.
- Leading teams.
- Manufacturing methods and procedures (Fabrication).
- Manufacturing Quality.
- Product development.
- Presentation of technical information.
- CAD/CAM design
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.