£39k - 42k per year
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £ 39,000 – £42,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer is to provide manufacturing technical knowledge and instruction from the design stage to the completion of manufacture for both simple and complex components / assemblies for the Nuclear market. The type of equipment is bespoke one off production where the ‘right first time’ philosophy is crucial to maintaining quality and profit.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct the most efficient method of manufacture of components and assemblies.
- Ensuring safety, the correct quality requirements are meet and using the companies in-house planning and route card system.
- Generate manufacturing documentation in the form of manufacturing inspection and test plans issue route cards containing clear manufacturing instructions.
- When generating route cards accurate timings for manufacturing activities are to be included.
- To review design schemes and drawings prior to release for manufacture to ensure they contain the correct instructions for manufacture in the most economical way.
- Input, sanitize, control and update the manufacturing data in the in-house production control and MRP systems involving Microsoft excel, project, access and the in-house IBS software.
- To assist in estimates and bids to provide engineering solutions, accurate times for machining, welding, fitting and other value added manufacturing processes.
- Be able to undertake a make / buy assessment based on cost, in house capability, resource availability, schedule requirements and quality requirements.
- Provide purchasing with clear instructions of what materials and parts to buy, to be able to manufacture a component or assembly to the correct quality requirements.
- To provide LTR with finished manufacturing documentation for delivery to our client.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings providing detailed instructions for manufacture and procurement.
- Manufacturing knowledge of the some or all of the following processes of Fitting / Assembly, Machining, Welding, Dimension inspection, Weld Inspection
- Raise NCR’s and contribute to closing out NCR’s when activities and process do not conform using analytical methods such as the 5 Why’s, DMAIC and root cause analysis to further continuous improvement.
- Update and follow through manufacturing drawing, documentation and quality updates.
- Advise on value added tooling giving details of design and manufacture.
- Consider alternative modern manufacturing processes to decrease manufacturing cost and time while increasing quality levels.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years industrial experience in working in a manufacturing role gaining knowledge in machining and/or welding.
- Qualified to HNC or above. (equivalent industrial experience will be considered)
- In-depth knowledge on machining processes – considering which features are easier to machine than others.
- Advise what machines and methods can be used for each type of component.
- Advise the setups required and how changing the design can improve productivity.
- In-depth knowledge on a variety of different welding processes.
- How each process affects different materials and how you can prevent distortion and weld defects.
- Knowledge of the inspection processes and how designs affect the accuracy, time scale and expected results.
- Ability to communicate clear written and verbal instructions to all manner of people of various knowledge basis.
- Work in an organised methodical manner to review designs and offer advice on improved manufacturability.
- Produce detail manufacture instructions for planners, operators, inspectors and quality engineers to follow.
- A cost and time focused mentality.
- Understands and works to the right first time culture and contributes to cease the flow of issues downstream.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software, ability to learn and run in-house software systems
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.