- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61480
Manufacturing Engineer – 54884
Pay Rate: Up to £23.06/hr LTD rate (inside IR35). AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks – rate will increase to £29.83/hr LTD.
Contract Position based at: Dunton
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) is a key contributing organisation within the business as we transition from our historical product line-up of Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) to a strong Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) powertrain offering. This position arises at an enthralling time as PTME Europe are at the forefront of the transformation of our manufacturing facilities across Europe from ICE to BEV, considering the manufacturing of electric motor and battery products. You will be a key member of our PTME family, helping us modernise our business as we `Bring on Tomorrow` by manufacturing our new range of electrified powertrains for vehicles.
What you get to do:
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Leverage your engineering mindset and communication skills to work with the PTME team to understand critical problem statements that impact our delivery and think creatively to overcome them.
- Explore - utilise your knowledge of the UK funding landscape to identify external opportunities for funding, working with relevant external parties such as government departments and their appointed bodies e.g. InnovateUK.
- Collaborate - grow the external network and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and consider fitment for collaborative projects, either as a lead or partner.
- Innovate and collaborate, deliver and support engineering work packages as part of funded and non-funded innovative R&D projects through collaborations and co-operations
- Protect, where appropriate, work with our internal functions to secure intellectual property or disseminate learnings.
- As a lead within the department, you will work with agility and manage your time to support in-flight projects whilst also searching for new opportunities
- Lead and coordinate critical funding applications, write compelling bids and manage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage funded projects and their stakeholders in terms of timing, risk, budget, issue resolution etc, including developing information for grant monitoring and audits
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Working knowledge of the UK funding landscape
- Ability to communicate powerfully (verbal and written) across all levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to manage complex projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Highly effective stakeholder management
- An understanding of where manufacturing engineering skills can add value
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of coordinating and writing bids for funding
- Experience of writing compelling business plans to secure required resource allocation
- Management of technical projects and work package delivery
- Experience or involvement with production technology (battery and electric motor preferred) and other innovative technologies, including Industry 4.0 and Digital Manufacturing engineering
- SharePoint ownership or use of equivalent knowledge and information-sharing tools
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Engineering. Extensive industry experience without a Degree.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.