£24 per hour
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Range: £24.00 per hour (Umbrella)
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Thursday
Location: Belfast, N Ireland
6 month contract working for a leading Equipment manufacturer.
A Manufacturing Engineer is required with experience and knowledge of designing and defining processes, NPIs, route cause issue resolutions and line balances with an assembly Axle and Transmission site.
Candidates with a solid understanding and knowledge of Six sigma, Lean Manufacturing practices and/or APQP, SAP or another MRP/ERP systems will be well received.
Due to increased business requirements the facility in Belfast is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work within the Axle Assembly Team. The Manufacturing Engineer is to undergo a 6 month contract role. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead the introduction of new products and processes
- Identify, define and implement process quality and process design steps in line with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Identify, purchase and co-ordinate the installation of tooling, equipment, machinery and capital expenditure projects
- Ensure that Design for Manufacture and Assembly principles are applied through the product development process
- Interface with the product group(s) & customer representatives to ensure the customer’s technical requirements are translated into the manufacturing processes
- Ensure new product and process implementations meet safety requirements
- Ensure accurate new product costing through Bill of Materials (BOM) and routing accuracy
- Co-ordinate and implement complex engineering changes
- Conduct problem solving and hold Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations.
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical engineering with relevant manufacturing experience. (Those candidates with lesser or no qualifications may be considered however should have considerably more relevant manufacturing engineering experience)
- Relevant experience may include:
- Introducing new products into a manufacturing environment
- The ability to read engineering drawings
- Project management experience; with the introduction of new products and complex engineering changes
- Successful candidates will be computer literate in Microsoft Office.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Manufacturing engineering background. In return for your experience, this Belfast based manufacturer will offer you:
- 6-month contract position
- £24.00 per hour (umbrella)
- 37.5-hour per week over 4 days
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in manufacturing engineering within a high-volume manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.