To £40k + package
Would you like a cross-functional role requiring a high degree of expertise in manufacturing technology, quality processes and tooling, ensuring the application of sound technical manufacturing engineering skills in both project and process based environments? This Manufacturing Engineer role is an exciting step forward for any individual wishing to develop their project leadership skills and their career within Manufacturing Engineering, support in further educational development is available also. A knowledge of Engine Manufacturing would be highly desirable.
Key duties in this role will include:
- To provide manufacturing engineering support for process alignment, product introduction & asset utilisation projects throughout the business.
- To successfully introduce and implement new/existing products into full production.
- To produce global manufacturing engineering standards.
- The planning and coordinating the procurement, installation and capability of new manufacturing facilities, controls and related equipment, ensuring latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations, ensuring they are delivered within time and budgetary targets.
- To be directly involved in the resolution of quality defects, utilising root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools as necessary.
- The application of techniques for determining work balance within workstations and adjoining processes using appropriate tools and technologies.
- Working with external suppliers to design equipment, buy off new equipment, and approve specifications for modification of equipment.
- Ensuring full participation in Quality Management Systems and manufacturing APQP activities e.g. developing Process Flow's, PFMEA's, Standard Work Documentation, Control Plans etc.
It is expected that the successful candidate for the Manufacturing Engineer role will be able to offer;
- Experience of manufacturing automation installation and/or programming and controls
- Industry knowledge and/or experience of deploying Industry 4.0 methodologies (machine connectivity/learning, data analytics, digital manufacturing, cobots, Virtual/Augmented/Mixed reality solutions etc.)
- Working knowledge of corporate based Enterprise Resource Planning systems, such as MFGPro, Product Lifecycle Management systems, specifically: Teamcenter, Knowledge and use of Virtual process planning tools such as Teamcenter VisMockup
- Experience of working with Manufacturing Execution Systems such as Paperless MES
- 3D Modelling or 2D CAD experience
- Previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer developing and implementing process/assembly solutions within a medium volume production environment
- Demonstrated manufacturing project management experience including implementation of complex and technically challenging projects
- Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, utilisation of problem solving and root cause analysis tools
If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet to discuss further.