£Competitive Plus Benefits
10 months ago
£Competitive Plus Benefits
Manufacturing, Prototype, Build, Process, Machining, Assembly, Development, DFM
Are you a Manufacturing Engineer looking to join an innovation company who are seeking to take new technology and components from conceptual design into production. Based at their Leamington technical centre, the role will be to deliver the design, validation, specification, sourcing, installation and commissioning of manufacturing systems for rotating, machined and assembled components/systems.
Working alongside engineering, quality and production functions the Manufacturing Engineer will support design for manufacture, create process documentation and support prototype and pilot builds.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Identifying, testing and validating manufacturing process for key components and sub-systems in support of make vs buy decision process.
- Leading the creation of a flexible production facility to deliver prototype, pilot build and initial customer volume.
- Specifying, sourcing, installing and commission optimisation of manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling and services.
- Implementing process controls and MES as required.
- Working with contract manufacturers and partners to support outsourced volume production.
- Working alongside supply chain to ensure appropriate supplier processes are in place.
- Working closely with the Quality Engineer to ensure process capability and compliance.
- Manufacturing experience in an assembly, machining and test environment.
- Experience in designing, specifying, sourcing and validating assembly tooling and equipment.
- Ability to critically appraise product designs to improve manufacturability.
- Ability to create and control process documentation.
- Ability to expose and solve problems in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to fully manage smaller projects.
- Automotive or aerospace experience would be an advantage.
- Experience with electro-mechanical product assembly and test.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes – Stamping, bonding, plating, grinding, casting, machining.
- A sound understanding of lean principles in manufacturing.
- Good PC skills with grounding in 3D CAD and shop floor systems.
- Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
- Be comfortable working without well-established systems and processes.
- Be tenacious and curious in finding problems and creative in delivering solutions.
- Able to communicate and engage from shop floor to board level.
- Willing to travel, including overseas, for short periods.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in taking prototype parts into production, devising processes, equipment and systems and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.