Competitive Plus Benefits
Manufacturing Engineer - Andover - Innovative Electro-Mechanical Components
£competitive (5-10 years’ experience level)
Manufacturing, Assembly, Improvements, Complex Assemblies, Electro Mechanical, DFA, DFM, TAKT, MOST, 8D, Lean
Our client designs, engineers and manufactures innovative electro-mechanical components of the very highest quality for a broad range of applications to the automotive, aerospace, medical, material handling, oil and gas sectors. They provide prototyping, low volume and high-volume manufacturing processes.
As the Manufacturing Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Working within a cross-functional team you will drive process improvement within the manufacture and assembly of electrical and electronic components.
- Support all new product introduction activities to ensure the successful launch of highly complex components into a manual assembly environment using TAKT, MOST, etc.
- Assessing the current manufacturing systems to ensure they meet the required standards and performance to meet production demands across all product ranges within the development of electro-mechanical components and sub-assemblies
- Resolve manufacturing issues and concerns using problem solving tools and techniques to include 8D, 5Y, Root cause and/or six sigma.
- Working closely with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders to ensure production and manufacturing standards are maintained and ultimately improved using modern manufacturing tools and techniques where appropriate within a low to medium volume production arena.
- You will work extensively with all departments within the business and will have exposure to a range of flagship customers, dealing with all characteristics of the product cycle.
As the Manufacturing Engineer you will require the following skills and experiences:
- You will have experience of complex assemblies and electro-mechanical components from a prototype and low volume manufacturing arena.
- Have taken product and components from design through all launch phases into a manufacturing arena using effective problem-solving tools and techniques (Kaizen/5Y/8D/Six Sigma, etc.)
- Be able to drive forward process improvement initiatives and implement modern manufacturing techniques to improve productivity while eliminating waste using the likes of DFA/DFM/TAKT/MOST.
- Experience of manufacturing components for Aerospace/Automotive or other safety critical industries would be an advantage.
- Ability to drive change and introduce new products into a highly complex manufacturing environment using strong communication and interpersonal skills to pull departments together to meet build gateways and timing plans.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are interested in this exciting Manufacturing Engineer opportunity, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.