£35k - 45k per year
3 months ago
£35,000 to £45,000 pa plus Benefits (Negotiable)
Location: South Wales
Production, Manufacturing, Systems, Line Balancing, NPI, TAKT Time, Assembly, Process Improvement, Plant Layout
A Manufacturing Engineer is required with knowledge of the implementation of new equipment and facilities within an assembly or trim & final environment, being responsible for delivering robust processes and manufacturing improvements. Candidates with experience of the low volume and batch assembly especially within the automotive arena would be well received.
Due to expansion and growth this company, an innovative organisation who build niche vehicles in South Wales requires a forward thinking and proactive Manufacturing Engineer with knowledge of facility and tooling requirements, process documentation, layout planning and problem resolution for a new permanent role. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Process: To implement Trim & Final Assembly related Production and Manufacturing Systems including visual aids, Jig & Fixtures, torque & tooling detail, etc.
- Facilities / Layout: Working with Logistics and Facilities Engineers to determine efficient station layouts including modifications to existing facilities, part presentation requirements, equipment and documents for implementation and approval.
- Process: To support the implementation of Trim and Final Assembly related Processes aligned to operation sheets including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety info.
- Manpower: Develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification including method improvements to achieve hours per car target.
- Tooling: To select and install appropriate Jigs and Fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool to meet vehicle quality and build targets.
- Health and Safety: To liaise with the Health and Safety department to ensure all processes and materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment.
- Technical Support: Provide information about build process / sequence and technical specifications.
- Design for Assembly: To communicate best practices to Product Engineering to improve station ergonomics, hours per car and built in quality including poke yoke or error proofing.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of assembly processes, vehicle build or trim & final seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this South Wales based automotive company will offer you:
- £40,000 to £45,000 pa plus Benefits (Negotiable)
- Career progression and development within a forward thinking and expanding organsiation in a niche arena
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of development and implementation of production/manufacturing systems within an assembly arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Systems Engineer’s role, please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.