12 Month Contract
Excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for a world leader in optical design and manufacture based near Taunton.
What you will do:
- Support them on the development of new and existing manufacturing methods taking into account quality, cost, efficiency, tooling, and process flow.
- Develop cost effective solutions within a New Product Introduction environment.
- Develop, Support, and work within Health & Safety regulations, Company Quality and Environmental systems of work, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Lead the development of new processes/ machines, improvement projects
- Responsible for specification or the support of, and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment (CAPEX)
- Actively involved in design for excellence (DFX) input to new products
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
- Manage the testing and replacement of obsolescent production consumables.
- Leverage best manufacturing practises from across Group
- Drive implementation of LEAN and CI practices across the organisation Leads PFMEA and capability/repeatability improvement activities
- Lead projects to improve quality, cost and efficiency against tangible results
What you will need:
- Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Strong experience of working within manufacturing engineering teams within a NPI environment
- Results orientated
- Experience in problem solving techniques
- Flexible approach to working to meet project deadlines
- Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes.
- Ability / robustness to self-prioritise work packages within a dynamic agile NPI Environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Process mapping
- PFMEA/control plan development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Awareness of glass machining and polishing, thin film coating, machining of metals, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating, latest manufacturing philosophies, preferred not required.
- Experience of lean manufacturing and six sigma (DMAIC)
In return our client can offer you a 12-month contract at a competitive contract rate with the chance to implement change and improvements throughout the manufacturing process.
Suitably qualified and experienced Manufacturing Engineers should apply today to Kate Stevens@jonlee.co.uk or call 01384 446130 to discuss further.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.