6 months ago
Manufacturing Engineer - Gloucester - Permanent - Aerospace/Defence Industry
A Manufacturing Engineer is required with experience of EDM (Sinker & Wire) manufacturing processes. Experience of operating in the Aerospace or Defence industries would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth this company, a globally recognised manufacturer of complex aerospace components and systems based in the Gloucester area requires a motivated and proactive Manufacturing Engineer for a new permanent role.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will Provide:
- Support to the operations team with regards to continuous improvement of new and existing processes
- Responsible for the fabrication of complex machined parts and also sub-assemblies through the delivery of timely and accurate CNC Programs and Work Instructions from 3D models
- Provide support for New Product Introduction to ensure new designs align with the business's strategy
- Offer up support and guidance with design changes to aid the manufacturability of components
- Support the creation, review and approval of gauging, tooling and fixtures
- Provide "Practical Problem Solving" skills to tackle process or yield issue
The Manufacturing Engineer must have the following:
- A BSc Degree in the field of mechanical/production engineering is preferred
- HNC/HND in the in the field of mechanical/production engineering
- An in-depth understanding of EDM manufacturing processes particularly in Sinker & Wire
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Proven background in CNC Programming usind 3D CAD/CAM where Siemens NX10 would be advantageous nut not essential
- Vericut, Partmarker or FeatureCAM experience would be desirable
- Knowledge Honing, EDM, Lapping, Grinding, Deburring, Anodising or Heat Treatment would be a distinct advantageous
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of EDM manufacturing processes within a CNC environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.