A Manufacturing Engineer with knowledge of new and existing manufacturing processes including documentation, equipment and procedures is required for a progressive company in Ilminster, who produce products for the Scientific, Aerospace and Space sectors. As Manufacturing Engineer, you will support the improvement of manufacturing methods, tooling, fixture, and process flow for this exciting business based in Ilminster, Somerset.
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities:-
- The generation/updating of new/existing manufacturing documentation and equipment requirements for product manufacture.
- Development and deployment of processes, fixtures and tooling required for assembly tasks
- Proactively identify improvements and apply change management.
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support Lead and/or support technicians and process engineers.
- Deployment of best practice concerning process yields, process takt times and process profitability.
- Working within the NPI process and undertaking tasks as assigned within project RASIC
- Present project risks and solutions early within the product life cycle so allowing the business opportunity to respond.
- Conduct / support Design Reviews at key product introduction stages.
- Support Customer Service in their communications with external customers.
- Develop key networks with internal departments, other G&H sites, customers, suppliers and other third-party service providers.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods, process flow and repeatability.
- Support Business system deployments such as COPQ (SQPD), Lean, CI, NPI cost reduction programs within the manufacturing centre.
- Manage the obsolescence process for the manufacturing activities, with a clear understanding of Single point failure and its mitigation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Personal Attributes
5 year + Experience of working within Manufacturing Engineering teams within a NPI environment
- Results orientated lead by site KPI’s
- Experience in problem solving techniques
- Flexible approach to working to meet project deadlines
- Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes.
- Attention to detail and understanding of the business environment
- Ability / robustness to self-prioritise work packages within a dynamic agile NPI Environment
The Manufacturing Engineer will have strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams, process mapping, PFMEA/control plan development, applicants with an understanding of machining processes and finishing would be at an advantage. Please apply for this role today, should you have any questions then contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.