10 months ago
£Competitive plus benefits
A Manufacturing Engineer is required to support manufacturing operations to deliver the production plan whilst resolving any barriers to production fulfilment. Candidates with awareness of APQP process according to automotive customer requirements would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham, requires a proactive Manufacturing Engineer to enact change management and improvement to overall product quality using technical expertise to both mature and new products though the factory and to reduce Engineering support. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Ensure the manufacturing schedule is achieved On Time In Full
- Determine corrective actions and enact change on current product as part of continuous improvement
- Model, create and amend CAD modelling and drafting on NX 3D CAD to Company standards and procedures
- Undertake revisions to the Engineering Method for production parts
- Advise corrective action to manufacture queries and non-conformance and provide feedback to Engineering as appropriate
- Maintain suitable issue control and Bill of Materials for the parts and projects and in a timely fashion
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- HNC/HND in an engineering discipline
- Good working knowledge of draughting standards, geometric tolerances and manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of DFMEA & use of DMAIC root cause analysis & improvement cycles
- Ability to work across multiple projects and prioritise accordingly
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Use of and understanding of A3 problem solving and Root cause analysis tools
- Competent CAD user, preferably NX & TeamCenter PLM
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with manufacturing engineering experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Manufacturing Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.