£43000 - £57000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Job Title -
Salary - up to £57000
Industry - Off Highway
Location - Peterborough
A position is available within the Manufacturing Advanced Planning team at the Peterborough Engine facility, for a Manufacturing Engineer to design, develop and enhance our assembly line processes and equipment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly flexible, motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Manufacturing engineering team.
The key focus of the Manufacturing Advanced Planning team is to provide globally standardised manufacturing / production processes and equipment, designed to enable the introduction of new products and provide best asset utilisation leveraging the capability of our world class production facilities. This role requires expertise in manufacturing technology, assembly process design, quality processes, tool selection and introduction, and will involve the application of sound technical manufacturing/production engineering skills in both project and process-based environments.
This role represents an exciting step forward for individuals wishing to develop their project leadership skills and their career within Manufacturing Engineering.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a relevant Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
* The candidate must have previous experience as a Manufacturing / Production Engineer developing and implementing process / assembly solutions
* Experience of introducing new products and/or managing significant change with proven and innovative manufacturing techniques within the manufacturing environment
* Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools
* Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships
* Some travel will be required (5-10% of working time)
We are unable to support sponsorship or VISAs
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.