£40000 - £46000.00 per annum + Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £46,000 (Depending on Experience) plus Benefits
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
Industry: Off Highway
A Manufacturing Engineer has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
This cross-functional role requires a high degree of expertise in manufacturing technology, quality processes and tooling, and will involve the application of sound technical manufacturing engineering skills in both project and process-based environments, with total responsibility for global projects and product introduction support.
The successful candidate will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions and activities within a Manufacturing Engineering or Process environment to play a key role in the continued success of the company, providing analytical and process expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing processes and systems across global facilities.
This role represents an exciting step forward for individuals wishing to develop their project leadership skills and their career within Manufacturing Engineering.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
- The candidate must have previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer developing and implementing process/assembly solutions within a medium volume production environment
- Demonstrated manufacturing engineering project management experience including implementation of complex and technically challenging projects
- Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools
- Understanding of Product Life Cycle Management concepts and their application in the area of Mechanical Design, Bill of Materials, Manufacturing Routings, Product change/ configuration management and collaborative product & process development
- Experience of engine assembly/testing, robot automation installation and/or programming, developing and implementing Engine paint systems and processes
- Industry knowledge and/or experience of deploying Industry 4.0 methodologies (machine connectivity/learning, data analytics, digital manufacturing, cobots, Virtual/Augmented/Mixed reality solutions etc..)
- Experience of working in Enterprise Resource Planning systems e.g. MFGPro, SAP, Product Lifecycle Management systems e.g. Teamcenter, Delmia. 3D Modelling or 2D CAD experience
- Experience of using Discrete Event Simulation software such as Plant Simulation, Witness, Factor/AIM
Please contact James Tilley for more details.