almost 2 years ago
An exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer has arisen working for one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines.
The key focus of the team is to provide facilities for the Peterborough engine facility for machining lines, process improvement, equipment installation and new product introduction.
- Developing facilities and processes to machine new components.
- Working with machine OEMs and tooling suppliers to optimise our processes.
- Working cross-functionally and with suppliers to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and to budget.
- Being at the forefront of machining and tooling technology trends.
- Resolution of quality defects, utilising root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools as necessary.
- Designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
- Completing ergonomic assessments on high risk activities.
- Driving process improvements to eliminate bottlenecks, reduce cycle time, reduce changeover time and improve efficiency.
- Providing technical support to achieve process control targets and internal quality standard certification (mAPQP).
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation e.g. process flow charts, PFMEA's, control plans, standard work and visual aids.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Previous machining experience specifically cylindrical grinding experience, preferably with Carbon BN experience
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships
- Possess excellent PC skills and be competent in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS project
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you may have:
- 3D Modelling (Creo / ProE) or 2D Modelling (AutoCAD) experience
- Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques (CPS)
- Machine and tooling process knowledge specific to crankshaft manufacturing
In return our client can offer you a 12-month contract based in Peterborough with competitive hourly rate of pay.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY - requires an IMMEDIATE START
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment to discuss further.