£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer has arisen working for one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of the Manufacturing Advanced Planning Team and will play a crucial part in the delivery of new engine components.
This technical role requires a high degree of expertise in manufacturing technology, quality processes and tooling. It will involve the application of sound manufacturing engineering skills in both project and process-based environments.
- Developing facilities to machine new components
- Designing, procuring, commissioning and installing new equipment and machine lines
- Working cross-functionally and with suppliers to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and to budget.
- Being at the forefront of machining and tooling technology trends.
- Resolution of quality defects, utilising root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools
- Designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
- Completing ergonomic assessments on high risk activities.
- Working with machine OEMs and tooling suppliers to optimise our processes.
- Driving process improvements to eliminate bottlenecks, reduce cycle time, reduce changeover time and improve efficiency
- Providing technical support to achieve process control targets and internal quality standards
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation e.g. process flow charts, PFMEA's, control plans, standard work and visual aids
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Previous machining experience or a proven track record of performing in a technically challenging field
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships
- Possess excellent PC skills and be competent in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS project
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you may have:
- 3D Modelling (Creo / ProE) or 2D Modelling (AutoCAD) experience
- Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques (CPS)
- Previous project experience
- Machine and tooling process knowledge specific to cylinder head manufacturing
In return our client can offer you a 6 month contract based in Peterborough with competitive hourly rate of pay.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY - requires an IMMEDIATE START
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment to discuss further.