Job title: Manufacturing engineer
Salary Range: £35,000 to £40,000
Industry/ Strapline: Aerospace/machining/ fabrication/ precision engineering/ NPI
A Manufacturing Engineer is required with knowledge of machining or fabrication. There are two roles within this company, one based within machining, one based in their fabrication sector. Candidates with experience of the Precision Engineering/working with precision goods would be well received.
Due to company growth this aerospace company based in Sheffield requires a Manufacturing Engineer with NPI experience for a new permanent role. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead through engineering experience NPI through the company.
- Be responsible for leading the manufacturing process design, development and improvement for new and existing products.
- Provide cost reduction, quality improvement and on time delivery within the manufacturing and fabrication sectors of the company.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to the shop floor production activities.
- Facilitate the quotation process, providing technical input.
- Communicate through all levels of the company in order to aid machining function and improve relevant kpi's.
The suitable candidate should have the following skills or experience:
- Proven history as a manufacturing engineer with fabricated components or machined components with a understanding of a variety of metals.
- Experience of working with high precision components.
- Experience for presswork (fabrication role only).
- The ideal Candidate will have both Fabrication AND Machining knowledge.
- Good level of core and IT skills including Maths, English and MS Office based programmes.
- High competency level in reading technical drawing and geometric tolerances.
- Proven cost reduction history in prior roles.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of high precision components from either a machined or fabrication basis to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Sheffield-based aerospace company will offer you:
- Salary details
- Other - such as career development etc.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of precision machining or fabrication and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195