Tier 1 Automotive
A competent and driven Manufacturing Engineer is required to support manufacturing areas, with the ability to design layouts, procure equipment, support production planning, manage new product introduction and optimise processes. Working in a high-volume assembly production area, candidates with experience of working in the Tier 1 Automotive industry would be very well received.
Due to the current engineering team's growth this company, a leading automotive Tier 1 supplier of complex assemblies requires a hands-on Manufacturing Engineer with proven manufacturing engineering experience for a new permanent role.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Technically support manufacturing areas, including the layout, procurement of equipment, NPI and training on equipment
- Ensure all documentation (process flows, PFMEA, work instructions, TPM, routings, asset registers, Yamazumi and setting sheets etc.) are accurate and completed in a timely manner & support auditing
- Implement new processes, commission machinery and equipment into site
- Process improvement and problem-solving activities. (Ishikawa, 5 Whys, CI, Six Sigma)
- Develop modern manufacturing techniques
- Plan and design new factory layouts. (AutoCAD)
- Ensure all documentation is accurate, including BOMs
- Support all 8Ds internal and external and carry out analysis in assisting to find the root cause of a problem effecting production efficiency
- Support Continuous Improvement activities
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Have a good knowledge of conventional machining capabilities and limitations
- Practical experience of the layout of facilities and ergonomics
- Information Technology experience (Office, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- High level of commitment and determination
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent as a minimum
- Demonstrate a strong team oriented approach with a practical hand on ability
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of automotive assembly processes to develop their career. In return for your experience, this highly innovative and exciting company will offer you:
- 25 days Holidays
- Career development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of manufacturing engineering in a high volume, precision environment and are a proven problem-solver and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446188.