£29000 - £34000 per annum + Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Salary Range: £29,396 - £34,000 (Depending on Experience) plus benefits
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available with this role
A Manufacturing Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Interface between manufacturing operations, quality and manufacturing engineering.
- Interface with project groups with manufacturability input.
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- Continuously monitor process performance for quality improvement opportunities.
- Initiate corrective action activities as required and monitor timeliness and effectiveness of action.
- Maintain state of the art and emerging technology knowledge base to exchange new processes for less capable ones.
- Analysis of working methods, manufacturing process, non-productive work content and recommendation of changes to reduce downtime, balance TAKT time and increase production functions.
- Identify and prioritise improvement projects with alignment to corporate vision, and plant objectives while improving customer satisfaction.
- Provide engineering support by troubleshooting problems and effecting timely solutions using kaizen lean manufacturing methodology and the Caterpillar Production System to maintain the continuity of production flow.
- Interface with suppliers and outside sales personnel to evaluate, cost estimate, and select process equipment.
- Assist/carry out in creating and updating standard work, Process flow charts, PFMEA'S and control plans.
- Technical support to production and supplier development activities.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Previous Manufacturing Engineering experience is advantageous, ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
- Will possess good team working, project management, organisational skills.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- Applicants will hold an Engineering / Technical Degree.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use MS Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing concepts and processes.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please get in contact with James Tilley for more details.