Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Range: £200 to £250 per day
A Manufacturing Engineer is required with experience of physical process change. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to undergoing significant development, this Aerospace company based in Coventry requires a proactive Manufacturing Engineer with the ability to analyse manufacturing processes through time motion studies for an initial 6-month contract.
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experienced manufacturing engineer from an Aerospace background
- Experience of physical process change (e.g. machinery move, factory transfer, NPI)
- Experience of capability assessments (for machines/processes), FAIIs & LAIRs
- Six Sigma Green Belt Trained or accredited or equivalent lean skills (gained in a Six Sigma environment)
- 8D Problem solving skills and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Your main duties as the Manufacturing Engineer will be:
- Lead / Participate in PFMEA activities involving cross functional teams
- Ensure Processes and current methods of manufacture are capable through time and motion studies, line balancing and flow to achieve the required level of readiness for NPI or transition.
- Create or edit information on the ERP System
- Work in a team based environment to develop production concepts
- Generate Standard Operating procedures.
- Support production area/cell in resolving technical issues
- Generate KPIs on periodic basis
- Review and co-ordinate with other functions to close out actions arising from existing concessions and permits within an agreed time frame.
- Analyse existing manufacturing processes through time motion studies, suggest improvements.
- Participate in Value Stream Mapping and 3P events and contribute in designing and optimising single process flow.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience leading or participating in PFMEA activities to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry-based Aerospace company will offer you £200 to £250 per day.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of NPI and value stream mapping and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147