An opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for this off highway manufacturer based in the Stafford area.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- New product improvement introduction.
- Attend all design reviews and project meeting.
- Design for manufacturing and test input.
- Coordinate and plan prototype builds.
- Manufacturing cost planning.
- Equipment ordering.
- Develop traceability and process characteristic specifications.
- Determination of machine and process capability.
- Interface between manufacturing operations, quality and manufacturing engineering.
- Review engineering changes.
- Capacity planning and MRP input.
- Interface with project groups with manufacturability input.
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- Continuously monitor process performance for quality improvement opportunities.
- Initiate corrective action activities.
- Analysis of working methods, manufacturing process, non-productive work content and recommendation of changes to reduce downtime, balance TAKT time and increase production functions.
- Identify and prioritise improvement projects with alignment to corporate vision, and plant objectives while improving customer satisfaction.
- Lead quality and system improvements in the areas of TPM, set-up reduction, RFT, TQM, cycle-time, mistake proofing (poke-yoke), continuous improvement (kaizen), process testing, process capability, product verification, product introduction, documentation, and metrology.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.