Industry - Off Highway
An opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for this off highway manufacturer based in the Stafford area.
- New product improvement introduction.
- Design reviews and project meetings.
- Design for manufacturing and test input.
- Coordinate and plan prototype builds.
- Manufacturing cost planning.
- Equipment ordering.
- Develop traceability and process characteristic specifications.
- Determination of machine and process capability.
- Interface between manufacturing operations, quality and manufacturing engineering.
- Capacity planning and MRP input.
- Interface with project groups with manufacturability input.
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- Initiate corrective action activities as required and monitor timeliness and effectiveness of action.
- Maintain state of the art and emerging technology knowledge base to exchange new processes for less capable ones.
- Analysis of working methods, manufacturing process, non-productive work content and recommendation of changes to reduce downtime, balance TAKT time and increase production functions.
- Lead quality and system improvements in the areas of TPM, set-up reduction, RFT, TQM, cycle-time, mistake proofing (poke-yoke), continuous improvement (kaizen), process testing, process capability, product verification, product introduction, documentation, and metrology.
- Assist/carry out in creating and updating standard work, Process flow charts, PFMEA'S and control plans
Skills and experience required:
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use MS Excel to intermediate standard or higher
- Previous Assembly Manufacturing Engineering experience is essential
- Will possess good team working, project management, organisational skills.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- Applicants must hold an Engineering / Technical Degree or equivalent
* Experience ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
* Experience of coaching and mentoring engineers.
* Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse work group
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.